twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

How can I get rid of my autism?

I'm autistic, and I really hate it. I've been diagnosed as autistic since 2002. I'm trying to get rid of it, but my autism just won't let me. Any tips.
Answer:
Hi,Pl.do not worry you are not alone Autism occurs in approximately 1 out of every 500 people. With the current population, it is estimated that there are about 1.5 million persons with autism in WorldAutism is a spectrum disorder. Also known as ASD, autism is a developmental and bio-neurological disorder. The medical treatment for autism is as follows. The aim of treatment is to enable the person鈥檚 potential to develop, minimize disruptive behaviors (by attending to the underlying causes for the behavior) and to include the person effectively in mainstream society. In order to achieve this, the treatment approach is multi-faceted. Treatment modalities suggested are:
ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis) The TEACH method (Treatment and Education of Autistic and Related Communication Handicapped Children)The CFGF diet (Casein- Free, Gluten- Free diet)Vitamin /Mineral therapyThe LOVAAS method THE DELACATO methodSensory Integration TherapyPECS (picture exchange communication system) Use of social stories Use of facilitated communication Each method has something to offer. However the condition calls for an eclectic approach to treatment that combines biomedical, sensory integration therapies and learning paced at the person鈥檚 level. The person鈥檚 needs and abilities must outweigh the selection of any one specific methodology.Early intervention with parents, understanding and empathizing with their person鈥檚 condition, and helping him through his sensory difficulties are vital.Caregivers may focus on changing the outward behaviours, which are socially inappropriate. They need information which enables them to understand the underlying deep sensory need that finds expression only through these behaviours.Enjoy LifeDr.Mojo
learn to deal with it... be like "brain man"
One of the biggest achievements is acknowledgment and I salute you for that. I am not a doctor but i have read up on the subject and its not treatable at the present time. It says that you can manage it very well and you will just have to live with it for the time being until something new comes along like a breakthrough. By the way it is not a mental disease from what I read. Hang in there bro alot of advances are over the horizon.I wish you the very best my friend and God Bless.
what's autism? sorry, i dont know this stuff... im only 12 you know!!
I would try the gluten-free, casein-free diet. It made all the difference in the world for my children when nothing else seemed to help. Check out the DAN! protocol too.I would also consider AIT. Check out the Georgianna Institute. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net