twitter




Sunday, October 25, 2009

Hole in the heart?

I was born with a small hole in my heart and it hasn't ever affected me. When I have any kind of surgery I do have to take a medication before they can perform the surgery. Will I be ok to have kids?
Answer:
why not call your DOCTOR? I think that would be SAFER then taking anyones advice on here! it's a pretty serious question when you are talking about a NEW LIFE! and YOUR OWN!!!!
This depends on many aspects,whats the size of the defect.whats its exact situation,since how long its present etc.
If you have a small defect in atrium,or even a medium sized defect in atrium,u need not worry.You can get it corrected easily.Its a very low risk operation with very nice results.
If you have defect in ventricles,you have to get it corrected soon possible.
And yes,you'll have to have certain medicines before and after the surgery,just as in any other surgery.
And it should be safe to have child at a well equipped place.
I have a heart murmor and mitral valve prolapse and am a twin who does not have either. I come from a family of 7 kids and have one of my own. My other siblings do not have any heart conditions or murmors neither does my daughter. Could it be hereditary I guess any health problem could potentially be, but in my case I'm the only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net